Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost 3 weeks

This blogging thing probably won't work out. I'm WAY too lazy, just check my facebook instead.
Anyway I've been here almost 3 weeks and it's already had it's ups and downs. My first week here was not that great and I was very homesick. Second week things started out good and stayed okay. Week 3 looks like it will be very good and fun! I now have a group of friends and it really makes all the difference plus this weekend I have an AFS orientation with all the other people here in the Netherlands. I'm sooo excited because all of the American AFSers are really close and I can't wait to hear about all of their experiences so far.
Right now I'm in my second week of school. School is so much different but I think I'm getting the hang of it (hopefully...). The schedule is different every day and I have to be at school and get out at different times every day. I'm taking a LOT of classes so I'll just explain each one (Don't know whats going on most of time anyway)
Nederlands - Dutch. Enough said. Very boring because I just sit there and have to do my stupid dutch AFS worksheets. poopy class
Geschiedenis- History. Right now we are watching a movie (Valkyrie) so I actually know whats going on because movies here are in English with Dutch subtitles.
Wiskunde - Math. I'm really good at math but all we do is FREAKING WORD PROBLEMS!!! WHYYYYY?
Levensbeschowing - Religion. This class seems really interesting. Too bad I can't understand any of it. The teacher gives me work in English though so it's all good.
Gym - Same. Stupid I don't like sports.
Maatschappijleer - Society and current events. Seems interesting I can do some of the work though the teacher usually explains it to me after class.
Frans - French. Okay foriegn language I don't know taught in a foriegn language I don't know. Why I'm in this class I don't know.
Muziek - Music. I can follow along because I already know everything he teaches us (Middle c, really??)
Engles - English. My favorite class because I can actually be a student and participate.

I might be missing one but I think that's it.
In the time being things are looking great and I hope everything works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment